Welcome to SEL Made Simple: Mental Health in Minutes Per Day
Training / Support Details:
During the program (with the exception of December and January), there will be a monthly meeting via live webinar (1 1/2 hr) to share new information, answer questions, give support, or have a discussion.
Mandatory Book: In Focus (Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8)
If you have any questions, please send Tom an email at email@example.com.
What will you need to do?
You will need to…
- Watch and read the weekly tips and ideas delivered to the your dashboard on the website
- Practice the weekly skill or focus of reflection
- Take time to self-reflect and write briefly in a journal on a daily basis
- Be consistent with doing the 10-15 minute In Focus lessons with your students
- Participate in monthly live, one hour, coaching and support sessions or listen to the recordings. These are optional, but you strongly encouraged to join the coaching sessions.
What are the benefits of participating in this SEL course and doing the In Focus lessons?
The benefits to you will be…
- Learning simple, quick ways to integrate SEL into academic teaching
- Learning how to create an emotionally safe classroom where you and your students can be vulnerable, real, and connected.
- Developing new ways to manage unhealthy stress and take good care of yourself while teaching.
- Identify, manage, express emotions constructively
- Grow in your ability to self-reflect as a way to increase your self-awareness
- Gain the ability to effectively deal with your emotional triggers and use them to understand your emotional pain and heal it.
- Understand the social emotional brain and how it connects to SEL
- Understand the nervous system, both the sympathetic and parasympathetic branches, and how to regulate it.
- Learn quick calming and movement techniques to regulate and balance your nervous system.
- Know your students’ and your own areas of strength
- Prevent bullying in school
- Understand conflict and how to deal with it effectively
- Understand trauma and how SEL can be of support in dealing with student and teacher trauma
- Develop new skills and abilities to work cooperatively on a team and share your strengths and gifts